Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) Goal
Our ESG goal is to pursue the integration of social cohesion, environment, wellness, innovation and technology framework into our investment decision-making process and day-to-day operations with the view to bring positive social and environmental impact to our stakeholders and the communities around us.
Our goal stems from the motto of the Group’s founder Dr. Chen Din Hwa, “Care for others as well as you would care for yourself”.
The Group’s sustainability vision, “Do Well and Do Good”, rests on the belief in interdependence among stakeholders in the society, and it is fundamental to create shared value and prosperity for all, in order to generate sustainable returns to our stakeholders.
ESG Governance Structure
The Board of Directors of NF Trinity (“Board”) has oversight of NF Trinity’s ESG-related matters. The Board has formed an ESG Committee to manage sustainability issues and related risk management framework including ESG-related risks.
The ESG Committee meets semi-annually and is responsible for setting NF Trinity’s ESG strategy, monitoring the status and progress of ESG factor integration into investment analysis, driving the various goals and initiatives, as well as reviewing the ESG risk framework annually or on an as-needed basis.
ESG Integration Approach
NF Trinity integrates and appraises ESG factors in the investment process, with the aim of generating the best long-term outcomes for investors. Some of the key ESG considerations that we incorporate are:
- Ongoing discussion on ESG risks, concerns and review of ESG risk ratings
- Inclusion of ESG-related factors in the due diligence process when assessing potential investments
- Identification of sectors that are most vulnerable to climate-related risks in the portfolio
- Establishment of an exclusion list to eliminate sectors that NF Trinity will not directly invest in
- Enhancement of ESG awareness within NF Trinity
Other ESG Initiatives
NF Trinity may also explore other ESG initiatives, including:
- Proxy Voting: To encourage good governance and sustainable corporate practices which contribute to long-term shareholder value creation. NF Trinity will vote using an active ownership approach to the extent possible
- Talent Attraction and Retention: To attract, retain and upskill talented employees
- Workplace Diversity: To provide equal opportunities in its hiring process and prohibit discrimination in the workplace
- Community Engagement: To engage with local communities and distribute benefits to local communities
- Carbon Net Zero: To support the Group’s goal of achieving carbon neutrality by 2050